Lobby & Advocacy Coordinator Business and Politics
Schone Kleren Campagne is looking for a new colleague who will work together within our team on influencing policy in politics and business. This position is a one-year appointment with the option of a permanent employment contract thereafter. Our office is in the heart of Amsterdam within walking distance of Central Station.
Schone Kleren Campagne (SKC) aims to improve working conditions and the position of workers in the international clothing industry. Together with them we campaign in situations where their rights are being violated; we work together with organizations in production countries, enter into discussions with clothing brands and the government in the Netherlands and conduct public campaigns. SKC is part of the Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC), an international network of more than 250 NGOs and trade unions in production and consumer countries. For more information, visit www.schonekleren.nl
Your duties include:
persuading and getting along with Dutch clothing companies and trade associations;
convincing and getting along with Dutch governments and politicians;
set up lobbying and campaign strategies in collaboration with NGOs from the national and international network of SKC/CCC;
carrying out Dutch and European lobbying activities in the field of, among other things, transparency in supply chains, living wage and CSR legislation in the Netherlands.
- a university level of thinking,
- at least five years of relevant work experience within an NGO, political or advisory organisation;
- demonstrable research and campaign experience on human rights, labor rights, supply chains and/or IMVO, with a focus on living wage, freedom of association, gender or safety;
- experience with effective coalition formation and network organisations;
- sense of responsibility, perseverance, persuasiveness and courage;
- excellent communication skills and sense of (political) relationships in a complex network and lobby environment;
- fluent in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing.
You are good at:
- conducting a targeted strategic lobby, debates and successful negotiations with various parties;
- effective collection and compilation of clear information about labour rights (such as a living wage, due diligence and supply chain responsibility), and translate this into an effective lobby strategy;
- forging coalitions in the Netherlands and abroad in collaboration with. partners of SKC/CCC and developing the positioning of the organization;
- researching, advising and influencing the policy of companies, government and politics;
- clearly drafting and defending positions towards various stakeholders.
- A dynamic job in a non-hierarchical organization in which all employees earn the same salary, within an inspiring international network.
- A 1-year contract that, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds, will be extended to a permanent contract
- For 2021, the salary level has been set at € 3,632.88 based on 36 hours per week (full-time), plus 8% holiday allowance. For this position this means € 3,229.22 gross per month for 32 hours, plus 8% holiday allowance. Every year, salaries are adjusted for inflation. Please note: due to our principle of equality, the salary is non-negotiable.
- A fully paid pension scheme, EUR 36 net telephone allowance, general net allowance of 1% of gross salary, union membership contribution, commuting allowance (up to a fixed amount) and an individual training budget.
- 5 weeks of vacation per year plus the days between Christmas and New Year.
Email your short motivation and CV in the Dutch language before August 8, 2021 to the attention of Ton Oonk, HR coordinator, to email@example.com
1st round interviews will take place in the week of 16th of August and the 2nd round in the week of 23rd of August.
For questions about the position, please contact Christa de Bruin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition in response to this advertisement is not appreciated.